Delivery Information – Sell
It is very important that the items you’re selling are delivered quickly, safely, and at a reasonable price. This helps provide the great buying experience that all customers are looking for.
At PIPTLEit, we highly recommend using Sendle for all your delivery needs. They provide delivery services in Australia, New Zealand, and the USA.
Customers want to know when they can expect their items to arrive. It is an important factor that they consider when making a purchase. The estimated delivery date on listings takes into consideration handling time (the time taken to pack and post items), as well as the postage/courier services that are offered.
When customers are deciding to purchase a product, the postage cost can be a significant factor in their decision. By offering free postage, or reduced posting charges – undecided shoppers may be won over, which helps to grow your business!
Here are some general tips that will help you set up your postage charges:
- Look at what other merchants are charging to post similar products.
- Compare the postage costs set by various Australian postal services.
- Ensure you allow for packaging when checking an item’s size and weight.
- Decide if you’re going to post only within Australia, or worldwide.
Packing Sold Items
When an item is sold, it is very important that it is packed securely in appropriate packaging to ensure the customer receives their item in perfect condition.
Here are some simple tips to help you get started with packing:
- Pick a container that is a bit bigger than the item being shipped – that way you can cushion the product with packing material on all sides.
- Make sure your item is surrounded with bubble wrap, foam, or paper so that there is no room for the item to shift around during shipping.
- Use clear or brown packaging tape, reinforced packing tape, or paper tape that is at a minimum 5cm wide.
- Do not use masking tape, cellophane tape, string, twine or cord.
- Make sure you tape the opening of the box and reinforce all seams, and edges.
- Ensure the package is clearly labelled and includes a return address.
- If you are reusing a box, ensure any previous labels are covered, and any previous addresses are crossed out with a black permanent marker.
Here are some tips for packing irregularly shaped items:
- Fabric and wallpaper-rolled goods are best shipped in corrugated boxes, and if a fabric roll in a bag is posted, ensure it is tightly wrapped and taped to avoid any tearing.
- Metals – tape the address label straight onto the item, and cover any sharp edges with cardboard.
- Tyres – use a wide band of pressure-sensitive tape through the centre and around the entire body of the tyre, and attach the address label to the tape band where it covers the tread, and cover with clear tape.
Tracking Sold Items
When tracking information is uploaded, customers can be confident that their purchase(s) will reach them, which provides an overall better shopping experience.
This allows both merchant and customer the ability to see where in its journey an item currently is. Customers are also much more confident that their orders will arrive if they receive regular delivery updates through the shipping process. This also means they will be less likely to file a complaint about not receiving their goods.