Here are some basic guidelines on how best to promote your listings
List new items regularly
- The Piptle Store rewards merchants that are active and offer new products on an ongoing basis. Our algorithm favours merchants that regularly list new products, so keeping your listings fresh will help increase your sales on the Piptle Store.
Use Appropriate Keywords
- Buyers normally use very specific search terms when looking for items on the Piptle Store. Ask yourself what words people are likely to search for when looking for what you’re selling. Also, ensure you do your research to see common searches related to your products.
- Once you have three to five keywords, it’s important to include them in your store description, page titles, meta tags, image alt tags, etc. But refrain from keyword spamming (using words or details that are not related to your items); it violates the Piptle Store’s policy.
When Possible Provide Fast and Free Shipping
- Providing free shipping is a fantastic way to increase sales, but ensure you check the cost before you offer it.
- Look at the available options at your country’s postal service. Normally, small and light items are able to be sent for a fixed price which expedites eCommerce shipping. By adding that to the price you can cover the shipping expense without needing to add shipping fees.
- Customers like seeing the things they bought are on their way as soon as possible, so have a system in place that ensures a speedy delivery.
- For example, you can save time every day or every week to send your products. Check out eBay’s shipping options to see what’s available through the platform.
Be Generous in Your Return Policy
- A strict return policy can be a turnoff for buyers when they’re considering making a purchase.
List Items at an Appropriate Price
- Price is a very important factor when it comes to buyers making purchasing decisions.
- This is especially true when it comes to popular products, where there is high.
- When setting your price, several factors should be taken into consideration. Most importantly though, you need to protect your margins. There’s no point in selling hundreds of products if you’re making a minimal profit on them.
Maintain a Great Rating
- Ratings are a significant factor when it comes to how Piptle determines who is shown as a top seller. Getting a ton of positive reviews doesn’t happen overnight, though. You need to consistently provide fantastic customer service.
Include High-Quality Images of Products
- From a buyer’s perspective, they want to have a clear understanding of what they’re buying before they make a purchase. That’s why it’s important that you include photos of the items you’re listing from different angles, including close-ups so that it’s easy for them to see each item in detail.
Deliver Great Customer Service
- With so many merchants on the Piptle Store, one of your differentiating factors is how well you treat your customers. That’s why offering superb customer service is critical. A quick response time coupled with a positive attitude will help you sell more.
- Maintain a positive attitude not only when you receive good reviews but also when a customer is unhappy. Ensure customers can contact you easily and respond quickly when they do. Strive to deliver a solution quickly and acknowledge when you’ve made a mistake.
Product Safety Policy
While you can sell almost any item on the PIPTLEit, maintaining the safety of our community is a responsibility we take very seriously.
For this reason, and to comply with local legal restrictions, some categories of products are restricted, or completely banned from being listed.
If you’re not sure if an item you’re intending to list is allowed or not, choose the relevant category from the list below to find out.
Items prohibited and restricted by the PIPTLEit:
- Artefacts and cave formations
- Autographed items
- Catalytic converters and test pipes
- Chance listings
- Collectable currency
- Credit and debit cards
- Electronic equipment
- Electronically delivered items
- Embargoed goods
- Encouragement of illegal activities
- Event tickets
- Firearms and accessories
- Gaming machines
- Government items
- Government, transit, and postage-related items
- Hazardous materials
- Human body parts
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Live animals
- Lockpicking devices
- Medical devices
- Personal information
- Police-related items
- Restricted adult items
- Stocks and securities
- Stolen property
- Used clothing